This group meets twice monthly and provides a varied programme for men and includes local and out of town activities.
Typically the group has one Christchurch based activity (half day) and one out of town (full day) activity each month.
Examples of around town activities for the group include:
- Visiting the Christchurch International Airport Fire Services
- Visiting the Wigram Air Force Musem
- Enjoying lunch together at local eateries
- Tubing and kayaking on local streams
- Listening to speakers, e.g. men’s health, environmental issues
Examples of out of town activities:
- Visiting regional sites of interest, e.g. Christchurch City Council landfill at Kate Valley
- Fishing trips – Little Akaloa, Diamond Harbour
- Sailing on Lyttelton Harbour
- Visiting aviation and transport museums, e.g. Ashburton Aviation and Geraldine Vintage Car museums
- Out of town trips to Kaikoura, Hanmer, Akaroa, Arthur’s Pass, Banks Peninsula
If you have yet to try a Men’s group activity come along and give it a go! Many of the activities are free of charge.
We’d love to have you come and join us for some quality time out with the guys.
Coming up in November at Stanmore
Thursday November 7th: Day trip up Molesworth Road
Tuesday November 19th: BBQ lunch at Waikuku Beach
Coming up in December at Stanmore
Thursday December 12th: Day Trip to Highbank Power Station on the banks of the Rakaia River.