Thursday, 13th August 2020
Step Ahead is currently open and operating at Level 2:
- Please sign in or scan the COVID app when you arrive
- Please use the hand sanitizer when you arrive and when you leave
- Please stay at home if you are unwell
- Social distancing is important, please stay one metre away for other people at all times
- One person in the kitchen at a time please.
All activities are going ahead as normal but please book in as we need to ensure we can maintain our 1 metre social distancing rule at all time.
Keeping Everyone Safe
We all need to follow the advice from health officials so everyone can feel safe while they are at Step Ahead:
- Please remember to book in for activities. There will be some limits on the number of people who can attend some groups.
- When you come in the door please use the hand sanitizer to make sure you are not bringing any germs into the house.
- A QR code for the NZ COVID Tracer app is available in the foyer at Stanmore Road and Puriri Street for you to check in with.
- If you feel even the slightest bit unwell do not come to Step Ahead.
- If you sneeze or cough please follow the health guidelines and sneeze into your elbow. Try not to touch your face with your hands at any time.
What else are we doing?
- All staff are now back working at their usual offices.
- Our phone lines and txt numbers continue to operate and we will answer calls or respond to messages as soon as we can.
- We are exploring other ways we can support members remotely via various technology options.
- The September newsletter and programmea have been mailed to members and published on the website.
- We are continuing to follow the advice and announcements made by the Prime Minister and other Government officials.
- The ongoing safety of our members and staff remains paramount.
- We will update this web page and share on Facebook when there is new information.
What you can do
Please, continue to follow all the advice from health officials related to COVID-19.
If you have concerns about your health, please call Healthline on 0800 358 5453 for advice and information.
Prevention – how to protect yourself and others
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or by covering your mouth and nose with tissues.
- Put used tissues in the bin or a bag immediately.
- Wash your hands with soap and water often (for at least 20 seconds).
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean.
- Avoid personal contact, such as kissing, sharing cups or food with sick people.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects, such as doorknobs.
- Stay home if you feel unwell.
Tips for looking after your mental health
Unite Against COVID-19: Looking after your mental wellbeing
All Right? Getting Through Together
Mental Health Foundation: Mental Health – Looking after mental health and wellbeing during COVID-19
Ministry of Health: COVID-19 - Managing your mental wellbeing
Step Ahead is a membership based, not for profit organisation providing comprehensive programmes that offer social, educational, recreational and pre-vocational activities for adults diagnosed with a mental illness.
Step Ahead's philosophy embraces the concept of progression away from illness and institutional care, towards wellness and independence in the community. Central to this is a positive and understanding environment. Staff engage in a community development and integration approach with members, supporting self-responsibility and independence.
Step Ahead members are involved at all levels of the organisation.