Step Ahead provides social, educational, recreational and prevocational rehabilitation through activity based programmes. Our aim is to enable people to live well in their community.
We are a charitable trust, registered with the Charities Commission – CC22156
Step Ahead contributes to the wellbeing of people with mental illness by providing choices, opportunities, support and encouragement to enable them to live well in their communities.
To enhance the wellbeing of people who experience serious mental illness by providing community based services that support them in their own recovery.
Our Aims and Objectives
- To offer an environment for learning to live in the community.
- To provide members with the opportunity to meet people, make friends, and have fun.
- For members to have somewhere to go and things to do, a feeling of purpose and being part of something.
- To provide members with the opportunity to learn, experience, and practice life skills.
- To provide the opportunity for the development of work skills and habits through involvement in activities and in the running of Step Ahead.
- To offer a source of information on community resources.
- To encourage and support members to make their own decisions and be responsible for the outcome, be it success or failure.
- To maintain a partnership between members, staff, and management at Step Ahead. All are involved in decision making and actions taken.
- To work towards the goal of all members gaining something from the programme.
Our Core Values
The fundamental principles and beliefs that guide us in our behaviour, our interactions and our work.
Hope: : A belief that being involved with Step Ahead will make a positive difference to members’ lives.
Choice: Attendance at any activity is voluntary and members choose their own level of participation.
Respect: Consideration and empathy for others.
Responsibility: Members make their own decisions and accept responsibility for the outcome.
Openness: Decision making processes will be fair and transparent.