Computers & Technology
These days we seem to be surrounded by technology of all types and getting to grips with things like smart phones, tablets, laptops, cameras and the like, can be a little confusing if not downright daunting. Stanmore, Puriri and Rangiora offer assistance in the form of scheduled Computer and Technology groups. Help is available to assist you in learning how to operate these devices. We also provide education on how to avoid problems online and with troubleshooting technical issues.
Staff may also be available to help iron out any technical difficulties you may be having on a one on one basis. You will normally need to ring and make an appointment but if it is a simple problem, we may be able to help you on the spot.
Typical examples of issues:
- Sorting out the best cell phone plan;
- Cell phone operation; e.g accounts, adding contacts, sending texts;
- Fixing minor laptop and tablet issues;
- Basic digital camera operation, printing photos, downloading;
- How to get the best out of your internet browser.
Computer and Group activities topics include:
- Setting up an email account;
- Keeping yourself safe on-line;
- Online purchases and banking;
- Social Media; Facebook, Twitter, Instagram.
If you would like to take advantage of these opportunities to learn more about computers and technology we are here to help.
A computer is available at both Stanmore Road and Puriri Street, which can be booked for use by members wanting to browse the internet, check their email, do word processing, or play games.
Step Ahead also has a free laptop lending library where members can borrow a laptop for home use for up to three weeks at a time.
Coming up in November at Stanmore
Thursday 21st November: Online banking