Computer, Introduction to Technology
These days we seem to be surrounded by technology of all types and getting to grips with things like smart phones, tablets, laptops, cameras and the like, can be a little confusing if not downright daunting. Both Stanmore and Puriri offer assistance in how to operate and troubleshoot technical issues. While we do not usually have specific programmed activities for technology, staff are available to help iron out any difficulties you may be having. You will normally need to ring and make an appointment but if it is a simple problem, we may be able to help you on the spot.
Typical examples of issues:
- Sorting out the best cell phone plan;
- How to text, add contacts to and generally operate your cell phone;
- Fixing minor laptop and tablet issues;
- Basic digital camera operation and problem solving;
- Downloading and browsing on the internet.
A computer is available at both Stanmore Road and Puriri Street, which can be booked for use by members wanting to browse the internet, check their email, do word processing, or play games.